Pros and Cons of Tiles03/28/2014 Back To Blog
Some decorators suggest the use of tiles in all rooms of the house without the existence of any oriental rugs, which would cover them and limit their decorative value. This suggestion has many fans since it is a cheap solution for homes that will look like a million dollars. These days, there are amazing colors and designs and tiles come out in many different sizes as well while others imitate successfully traditional materials, like wood.
The advantages of tile cleaning and strengths
* The strength of tiles is amazing, especially if compared with rugs, for example. They automatically solve problems related to moisture or stains. Depending on their price, tiles can be extremely durable against dents and these are useful for kitchen floors while your agony about damages caused by your pet or odor removal procedures will belong to the past.
* Carpet cleaning requires time and is tiring but the cleaningof tiles is a much easier procedure since tiles are not absorbent and they don't hide microorganisms, which could hurt your health.
* Tiles are ideal for sensitive areas like the bathroom and the kitchen because they are completely resistant to moisture and, therefore, you will never have to worry about water damage due to a broken pipe like you would with wooden floors and carpets.
The disadvantages of tiles for insulation, appearance and protection
* There are certainly amazing looking tiles in the market but they are still a cold material that will never reach the warmth and high aesthetics of silk rugs. You may pay a lot for handmade rugs but don't forget that they are an extremely important investment in contrast to tiles, which have no such value no matter how well you maintain them with frequent tile floor cleaning.
* They do not provide insulation and they do not keep the house warm in comparison with carpets, which have excellent insulation properties.
* Hard floors may be dangerous for kids, who run around the house and may slip and fall down. Carpets don't let them slip and they would certainly protect their bodies.
* Residential tile cleaning might be easy but grouts require special attention because they are highly absorbent concentrating a lot of dirt and moisture. In practice, you would need to engage in grout cleaning often to keep tiles spotless and free of mold in the bathroom.